AUTOMOBIL PRODUKTION Congress at automatica
automatica hosted the AUTOMOBIL PRODUKTION Congress in cooperation with the magazine AUTOMOBIL PRODUKTION for the first time. The effects of digitalization and artificial intelligence on automotive production were discussed in line with the subheading “On the path to autonomous production”.
How to design the production of the future using smart strategies? As a meeting point of innovators and visionaries within the framework of automatica 2018, the AUTOMOBIL PRODUKTION Congress provided participants with answers to this and other questions. If you are an executive in production, supply chain, logistics, or IT, you can benefit from this cooperation of congress and leading exhibition in many ways as it offers an ideal combination of theory and practice: from expert technical knowledge in presentations to concrete application examples in the exhibition. That means maximum relevant input in just two days. The added value for all participants:
- Insights for maximized profit
How can you increase your profit with smart strategies and innovative production systems? Automation industry insiders were available to answer all the questions.
- Competitive edge through AI
How artificial intelligence and machine learning can make production more efficient and secure global competitiveness.
- Exclusive VIP tour
A guided two-hour VIP tour prior to the official start of automatica offered an exclusive knowledge edge.
Highlights from the congress program
- Nico Feirer, Head of Global Series Control, Procurement Processes and Systems at Volkswagen Group Procurement: “Keynote: ONE—the new connection between VW and its suppliers”
- Ilka Horstmeier, Division Manager Engines and Electrical Drive Systems, BMW Group, Munich: “Production flexibility and scalability in volatile environments”
- Peter Kössler, Member of the Production and Logistics Board at AUDI AG: “Production digitalization at Audi: How Humans and smart technologies will cooperate in the factory of the future”
- Dr. Mark Mohr, Vice President Industrial Technology, Head of Projecthouse Automated Operations, ZF Friedrichshafen: „The strategic expansion of ZF areas of expertise: The ZF model plant“
- Albrecht Reimold, Member of the Production and Logistics Board at Porsche AG: “Keynote: On the path to the zero impact factory”
- Markus Schäfer, Member of the Divisional Board Mercedes-Benz Cars, Produktion & Supply Chain Management, Daimler AG: „Keynote: Smart production—maximum flexibility, complete transparency and high efficiency.”
- Prof. Günther Schuh, CEO e.GO: “Offshoring versus reshoring/smart production in the home market“
- Alexander Wortberg, Operations Director Project Darwin (TN) Jaguar Land Rover (JLR): “Connecting engineering and production processes to reach customers faster”