Industrial and service robotics
Experience the future with innovative robotics and groundbreaking examples of man-machine collaboration. Exciting encounters: See the latest industrial and service models in actual use directly at the fair.
Industrial robotics: From science fiction into the factory
Robotics, a key technology in smart automation, is in the midst of a boom. In the meantime, the fascinating characters from science fiction have become reality. Equipped with modern safety technology, collaboration-capable robots are making their way into factories in ever increasing numbers. As "Cobots" they work hand in hand with their human colleagues.
Industrial robots are a significant competitive factor in industrial manufacturing processes. As a key element in automation, they are the key factors in strategic business decisions. Automation solutions involving robotics are already being used successfully in major corporations and SMEs alike.
automatica is the only trade fair that gives manufacturers a platform for presenting their extensive range of robot technology in both the industrial robotics and service robotics sectors.
Industrial robotics at automatica
Explore current and future scenarios for using robotics in your company:
- Industrial robots by type of design: gantry robots, SCARA robots, vertically articulated robots, articulated robots, parallel link robots, micro robots, special designs
- Components for robot systems: jigs and fixtures, tool-changing systems, measurement systems, peripherals
- Industrial robots for specific applications
German industry number one in Europe
- In 2017, worldwide sales of industrial robots reached a new record level with 381,000 units delivered (+30 percent year-on-year)
- Annual sales of industrial robots rose by 114 percent in the last five years (2013-2017)
- The sales value climbed by 21 percent to a high of 16.2 billion US dollars compared to 2016
- In 2017, five main markets accounted for 73 percent of the total turnover of industrial robots: China, Japan, South Korea, the USA and Germany
- Germany is the fifth largest robot market in the world
- In 2017, the number of robots sold in Germany rose by 7 percent to a new all-time record of 21,404 units
- The automotive industry continues to lead with a market share of 33 percent of total deliveries in 2017. Sales increased by 22 percent
- The electrical/electronics industry has caught up: sales rose by 33 percent to a new high of 121,300 units, which corresponds to a 32 percent share of the total supply in 2017
- The metal industry achieved a market share of 10 percent of the worldwide sales volume of industrial robots with a sales growth of 55 percent in 2017
- Worldwide, the new average global robot density in the manufacturing industry has risen to 85 units per 10,000 employees (2016: 74 units)
- The average robot density in Europe is 106 units, in America 91 units and in Asia 75 units
Source: International Federation of Robotics (IFR)
Made for humans: Professional service robotics at automatica
See the latest generation of professional service robotics at automatica. Get fascinating insights into everyday life in the future: Service robots can be used as assisting nursing carts in hospitals, as inventory assistants in stores, as driverless transport systems and as personal helpers for people.
From the laboratory into the working world: Professional service robotics is developing at a rapid pace. Prototypes developed by the scientific sector are evolving and can now be used in commercial applications. automatica is supporting this trend by giving service robotics its own exhibition sector.
Key facts about professional service robotics at automatica 2018
13 % of exhibitors indicated service robotics as the main focus of their product range
Around 6,000 square meters of exhibition space
More than 18,000 visitors
97 percent of those visitors gave the sector a rating of good, very good or excellent
95 percent of the sector's exhibitors praised automatica's character as a leading trade fair for service robotics
See the entire range of professional service robotics
The exhibition sector for service robotics allows manufacturers of service robots, service robotics components and turnkey products as well as renowned research organizations to present marketable products and innovative developments.
B2B applications for service robotics at automatica:
- Construction industry
- Inspection and maintenance
- Medical technology
- Mobile platforms
- Production assistance
- Professional cleaning
The Service Robotics Demopark allows you to safely touch robots and interact with them. You will see how robots can help you to perform tasks or perform them autonomously. In the Service Robotics Show, you will experience the latest robot systems in exciting live demonstrations. All presentations will also be projected onto an oversized screen.
From the industry, for the industry
Our partnerships with the industry's most important trade associations and relevant media attest to the fair's superior expertise and outstanding contacts.
Within the VDMA, the Robotics + Automation Association represents the interests of approximately 280 companies that are providers of Integrated Assembly Solutions (assembly and handling technology), Machine Vision and Robotics.
The EUnited Robotics trade association was founded in 2004. Its members are robotics manufacturers, suppliers and system integrators in Europe. EUnited Robotics gives all associated partners—from research institutes to national trade associations and users—an interdisciplinary platform.
International Federation of Robotics (IFR)
Founded in 1987, the International Federation of Robotics (IFR) is the worldwide trade association for the robotics industry and robotics research institutes. It serves as an umbrella association for all national robotics trade associations. The IFR also coordinates the annual International Symposium on Robotics (ISR) and publishes the “World Robotics” statistics once a year.