When it comes to smart automation of your production processes, machine vision is an essential pillar. After all, when your machines see and understand, they can interact correctly and autonomously—and improve efficiency in a sustainable manner.
Today's automated machine vision systems are veritable multi-talents. They read codes, identify components, operate machines and control processes. They also test product quality and provide valuable data for optimizing your production operation. In many production facilities, they are already valuable co-workers that work full time to improve quality, efficiency and safety.
Machine vision is also being used for a growing number of applications outside the factory. Whether in online or retail sales, on the motorway, in doctors' offices or on the playing field: Their versatility is virtually limitless.
Machine vision at automatica:
- Measuring systems for machine vision
- Components for machine vision
- Machine vision for specific applications
- Embedded vision systems
Dynamic industry in the midst of an upswing
- Machine vision is experiencing a phase of dynamic development. Within ten years (2005–2015) the sales of the German maschine vision has doubled.
- In 2016, German manufacturers generated global sales of EUR 2.2 billion.
- The export rate increased to 62 percent in 2016.
- Forecasts called for sales to continue increasing by 18 percent in 2017.
- Companies employ an average of 66 people.
- Approximately 10,000 people were employed in this sector in Germany in 2016.