Assembly and handling technology
Thanks to assembly and handling (integrated assembly solutions), millions of individual parts become new products every day. Automating these complex processes continues to make good progress. Doing so gives you higher-quality products, increased production efficiency and greater flexibility.
Intelligent hardware for the manufacturing industry
The assembly technology industry develops intelligent, economical and integrated assembly and production solutions. The companies in this sector support customers in nearly every branch of industry and every region.
The manufacturers at automatica provide systems and components for assembling, joining, mounting and reshaping. This sector also includes solutions for measuring, testing, dispensing and marking.
Developing the perfect customized solution
Related “brainware” plays an essential role. Implementing complex production processes calls for the right analysis, concept development and planning. Your software should also meet your exact needs. automatica gives you access to all relevant manufacturers of assembly and handling technology. Most component manufacturers work hand in hand with plant manufacturers to offer optimum solutions.
Assembly and handling technology (integrated assembly solutions) at automatica
Complete overview of innovative solutions:
- Assembly stations and systems
- Assembly systems for specific fields of application
- Equipment for storage
- Equipment for ordering, sorting and feeding
- Equipment for linking and transport
- Components for linking and transportation equipment
- Equipment for fastening and joining
- Equipment for marking
- Test systems
- Basis and construction elements
- Manual workplace systems
- Workplace equipment
- Packaging units
- Surface treatment
2015 stimulates the global industry by setting new records
Growth in Germany
- Germany's integrated assembly solutions (IAS) industry employed more than 25,000 people in 2015.
- Industry sales reached EUR 6.9 billion, a new record!
- Suppliers in Germany registered an increase of 10% over 2014. The domestic market remains the strongest and most important.
- Compared to 2014, domestic sales increased by more than 11%. For the first time since 2009, the share of overall sales increased slightly from approximately 51% in 2014 to nearly 52% in 2015.
- North America (USA, Canada and Mexico) managed to maintain and even strengthen its position as the most important export market for IAS again in 2015. Exports increased by 27% to a new record.
- Central and Eastern Europe followed in second place.
- China is in third place. Exports to China decreased by 19 percent.
Germany's IAS industry at a glance
The German Engineering Association (VDMA) has a compact expertise matrix available online that shows the entire range of services provided by its IAS members.